Friday, October 6, 2017

KAIPA: Children of the Sounds (2017). My 'review-like' point of view...

Children of the Sounds is the brand new album of the Swedish band Kaipa, which was released a few weeks ago. It is their 13th studio album, and the 8th since the band was re-formed in 2000. It comes 3 years after the release of – the very good – Sattyg, but I’m afraid that it is a "weaker" album.
 I have the band’s latest four releases in my collection, and I believe that “Children” is the weakest album of all four. The style of the album is the usual style of Kaipa, with the familiar Folk Rock influences, the beautiful guitar passages, the nice female vocals on most occasions, and the long complicated compositions. 
But there is something missing, and I can’t realize what. Maybe the fact that many songs remind me of other songs from the band’s previous albums, but this time they are not so inspired.

  The album includes five songs, and has a total running time of almost an hour. There are three songs more than ten minutes in length, and the remaining two songs are seven and nine minutes long. I must also mention the wonderful cover, that continues the line of the beautiful album covers of Kaipa.

  Speaking for myself, I listened to the album 4-5 times so far, but almost every time I stop and turn back to their previous works. That surely means something, don’t you think?
Favourite songs: Like a Serpentine and What's Behind the Fields.

  Children of the Sounds is a decent album, but I wouldn’t recommend it easily to people who are not fond of the music of Kaipa.

I’m afraid I cannot give more than 3.0 (out of 5.0) stars.

  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment