Wednesday, June 21, 2017

GALAHAD: Quiet Storms (2017)

Five years after the release of the albums Battle Scars and Beyond the Realms of Euphoria, Galahad returned with a rather different and beautiful album.
  Quiet Storms is a collection of their older songs in mellow versions, but it is also including a few new songs as well. You can find the original versions of most of the songs on the band’s previous albums and on a couple of singles as well.
  Here, the listener has the opportunity to enjoy the melodic and more dramatic side of the band, without the loud guitar riffs and the usual powerful tempo. The piano and the keyboards are the dominant instruments, which, together with Stuart Nicholson’s excellent performance, are creating a wonderful overall experience. 
Songs like This life Could be My Last, Guardian Angel and Termination, sound totally different than their original versions, which is very interesting, to say the least.
  Personally speaking, I like Galahad a lot, so I couldn’t miss this new release of theirs. I added the album in my collection and never regret it! I am sure that I am going to enjoy it more on a rainy afternoon, together with a glass of red wine, rather than the heat we have right now in Athens. 
I feel that there is no reason to write more on the subject, because you should listen to it and form your own opinion.
  I definitely recommend it to the fans of Galahad, but also to those who can enjoy an atmospheric, melodic and kind of melancholic album.
                 My Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0 stars

  

No comments:

Post a Comment