Tuesday, May 23, 2017

BAROCK PROJECT: Detachment (2017)

   Barock Project is an Italian quartet that has been active for almost a decade, during which, they released five studio and one live albums. What they are trying to do is, to play modern Progressive Rock with elements of Barock music, which sounds like a good idea. All their albums seem to be equally good, with just a few ups and downs.

   I learned about them with their previous work ‘Skyline’, and I must say that I was pleased with it. For that reason, I also added their brand new work ‘Detachment’ in my music collection.
  Detachment follows the path of Skyline, but it is slightly better in my opinion. The production is very good once more, and the songwriting is very “mature”. It includes 13 tracks, and has a total running time of 75 minutes.
  Here, you can find very beautiful and soft melodies mixed with some complex compositions, and an overall excellent musicianship. All the members of the band are very good musicians, and that is obvious throughout the album. As for the leading instruments, I would say that both guitar and piano are equally important here. Also, the vocals are in English, which is positive.
Very pleasant surprise was the addition of Peter Jones as guest singer, who is participating in 2 songs; both of them beautiful ones.
  I didn’t have the time to “digest” the album yet, but based upon the first 3 listenings, I must say that it is a very good and well-made album, that definitely deserves attention. I believe each person who is fond of Progressive Rock, modern or not, will find some songs that he/she will like.
As for me, the first songs I noticed immediately, are: Broken, Happy to See You and Rescue Me mostly, followed by Alone.
I will give 3.0 out of 5.0 stars, but maybe it deserves a little more than that…
By clicking on the following YouTube link you will be able to listen to Happy to See you, and have an idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment