Monday, December 26, 2016

Rick Parfitt of Status Quo passed away... (24/12/2016) (Followed by the death of George Michael one day later)

... And the sad list of musicians that died in 2016 continues...
Rick Parfitt, the singer, composer and guitar player of Status Quo passed away at the age of 68 one day before Christmas.
The cause of his death was an infection he caught in the hospital. It's claimed the veteran musician was taken in after suffering complications from a previous shoulder injury - but picked up a severe infection while he was there.
 Parfitt joins a long list of celebrated musicians to have died in 2016 - including David Bowie, Prince, Pete Burns, Keith Emerson, Glenn Frey, Greg Lake, Sir George Martin and Leonard Cohen.
  Parfitt was a true "servant" of Rock n Roll, and during his long career with Status Quo he recorded over 30 studio albums.
I was lucky enough to see Status Quo on stage almost 25 years ago, and I still remember that great concert they gave in Athens.
R.I.P Rick Parfitt, you will always live through your music. 
The world of Rock n Roll just lost another faithful soldier...
STATUS QUO: Whatever you want - live (2009) 

P.S: At the time I was writing this piece, I learned about George Michael's death on Christmas day. He was just 53 years old. I was never a fan of George Michael; it was quite the opposite actually. But I must admit that he was a good and famous composer and musician, who influenced many artists during his long and very sucessfull career. 
And the list continues... 
We got just a few days before the end of 2016, and only God knows what might happen...
R.I.P George Michael or should I say Georgios Kyriakos Panagiotou, which was his birthname...

No comments:

Post a Comment