Thursday, July 30, 2015

TV Series: 'Better Call Saul' (Season 1)


                                
                       FOR 'BREAKING BAD' FANS ONLY
  All those who enjoyed watching 'Breaking Bad', should be pleased to know that this is the prequel of that really great series. But this time the plot is centered around Saul Goodman, the - almost caricature character - lawyer of Breaking Bad. 

 The series is about Jimmy Mc Gill (Saul's real name) when he was an unknown public defender, having his office in a room behind a manicure parlor. 
“Better Call Saul” is co-created by Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” and Paul Gould, a writer on that show, and it’s easy to spot a similar theme: the gradual corruption of a seemingly innocuous man.
 As it was expected, we are going to see some familiar faces from 'Breaking Bad' here, starting with Mike Ehrmantraut. (I'm under the impression that as the series will continue, more and more characters from Breaking Bad will appear).
 The performance of Bob Odenkirk in the role of Saul (or should I say Jimmy?) is once more excellent, and really enjoyable to watch. But what we see here, is a totally different person who just tries to survive, and overcome all the difficulties he is facing in his life.
 I watched all 10 episodes of season 1, and I must say that up to the 5th episode I found this series kind of “slow” and boring. But in the episodes 6-10 there is a big improvement, as the pace becomes a bit faster, and the plot a more interesting one.
I wrote at the top of the post “For Breaking Bad fans only”, and I really stand for it. Not because you can’t watch it if you haven’t seen Breaking Bad, but because I don’t understand why someone could be interested in Saul’s life if he has no idea who Saul will become later on.
 As for my rating, I don’t think I would give more than a 7.0 out of 10.0
On IMDB though, the rating is 9.0 out of 10.0, and I think you should have that in mind…
In the following link you can watch a trailer in case you are interested…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q4qzYrHVmI 



No comments:

Post a Comment