Wednesday, June 17, 2015

TV Series: Game of Thrones (Season 5). My point of view...



                                WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!


 Starting this, I would like to say that I consider myself as a "cool fan" of Game of Thrones, including the series and the books as well. And when I say "cool" I mean that - yes - I like both the series and the books, but I'm not going to become crazy when something is not going according to my personal tastes. 
No, I didn't scream or cried at 'The Red Wedding', I didn't cheer at Joffrey's death, and I haven't lost my appetite after John Snow's death in the final episode of this 5th season. And I'm not even mentioning the humiliation of Cersei...

 So, one of the most difficult seasons of Game of Thrones so far has ended. Difficult for many reasons.
 Firstly, it's adapting two books that keep on getting more and more complicated for no reason, and furthermore some of the stories either felt too rushed or too slow. Secondly, this is a very emotionally exhausting season. Pretty much every character is humiliated or humiliates him/herself in every episode. There are very few heroic acts taking place, and everyone makes terrible terrible decisions.
 In my opinion, this season wasn't bad, but wasn't something great either. It included some really boring parts, (almost the whole 9th episode for example). This episode was not just boring, it was a bad one! The only exception was the very intense death scene of Stannis' daughter, but further than that, the rest of the episode was really bad. Even the "epic" fight scenes in the end were bad, and I'm not even starting to write about the final scene with the dragon. Especially this, was like watching a Disney movie. But there were surely some very interesting episodes as well. (The 8th one for example, was one of the greatest episodes of Game of Thrones in general in my opinion). The whole season had many ups and downs, but all of us who are watching the series since the start, we are kind of used to it.
 The thing that bothered me is that they left many things hanging "on the air", and they tried to "solve" them altogether in the last episode. Also, there was a very big number of deaths of important (or not) characters this time, and it gave me the impression they tried to "get rid" of them very fast, in order to conclude some of the stories.
 Anyway, as I wrote in the title, this is only my personal point of view, and I'm sure some people will agree or disagree with it. Of course I will continue watching it, and I'm definitely curious to see how it will continue.
But we'll have to wait another year for that...
If I had to rate the 5th season, I think I would give a number between 7.0 and 7.5
Thank you for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment