Monday, August 5, 2013

TV Series: Mad Dogs (Season 1&2)



Ok, that was a real surprise!
   I never heard of these series before, until a few days ago. A friend of mine suggested these series to me, and I decided to give it a try. The result? I watched the first 2 seasons in 1.5 days!
This sounds crazy maybe, but its not. Because each season consists of 4 episodes of an average length of 45 minutes each. So its rather easy to watch 1 season per day, especially on a weekend. And that's what I did!
   "Mad Dogs" is a BBC production, with a very interesting plot and well build characters. A very pleasant surprise for me was the fact that on 2 of the basic roles are two actors that were the main characters in another great English series called "Life on Mars".
   So, what's the story?
Four friends are invited for a reunion holidays by another very rich friend of theirs, in his villa in Majorca (Spain).
They reach to his very beautiful villa, and everything seems to be perfect. But it's not!
Actually everything is far from being perfect. Because this very rich friend of theirs has many hidden secrets, and a life that they weren't able to imagine. So almost from the start, things are taking a very bad turn.
   Many crazy situations are coming their way, and the result is that they are kind of trapped in the villa, trying to find a way to escape and go back to England. (I'm trying not to reveal anything that has to do with the main plot, because I don't like the idea of spoiling the surprises of  the scenario).
  So, after many troubles they are escaping finally, but not for England. They are reaching at another place trying to find a hideout for a while, but soon they will realize that the only thing they will find there is more troubles. Season 2 ends with their efforts to escape once more, but again not for England.
   Unfortunately I couldn't find season 3 so far, so I have no idea what will happen next.
 The thing I liked a lot was the fact that with all the things that are happening, you can see how the main characters are trying to deal with the troubles they are facing, and  in the same time you can see how their behaviour changes every now & then. What at start seemed like a very nice company of old friends, turns out to be a company of people with many hidden secrets from the past, and with all the problems they are facing, everything comes on the surface.
   Concluding this post, I want to say that if you want a rather small series, with great plot full of surprises, very strong characters, and some dozes of black humour, then you should watch 'Mad Dogs"!
 IMDB's rating is 7.3 for the first two seasons.
 If I had put a rating myself, I would say 8 for season 1, and 7-7.5 for season 2.
 And here is a trailer for you to watch:

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment