Thursday, February 7, 2013

TV Series: COMMUNITY (Season 2 & 3)


Almost a month ago, I wrote a review about this sitcom American series, called Community.
If anyone wants to read that review, click on the link below:
 http://gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/2013/01/tv-series-community-season-1.html
   After finishing the first season, I started watching the second one. And what a nice surprise! The second season is in my opinion far better than the first. Maybe because I got used to the characters and the style of humor? Or maybe because in this second season the actors are adopting their characters better? Or maybe because the scriptwriters were more inspired? I have no idea!
Truth is, it probably is a little bit of all those together. The actors are acting their roles better I think, the scripts are better by far, and on the top of that, there are a couple of surprise episodes that really impressed me! (I don't want to get into details here because I will spoil the surprise and the fun).
And a very big + for the really epic season finale!  In my review of season 1 I wrote that I wouldn't give a rank more than 7 no way! Well, for this second season this 7 will probably would become 7.5-8.00.
Unfortunately the season 3 isn't anywhere near season 2. It became kind of boring at some point, and I really made efforts in order to finish it. This time they took the plot too far, and they tried to make funny things out of no-funny situations. The result as I said before is boring. And it is really pity, because after season 2 my expectations were raised. (Well, maybe that's why I didn't like it so much after all)...The surprise they were keeping for us is the appearance of John Goodman in a few episodes, but I'm affraid it wasn't enough...
But of course this is just my point of view, right? Everybody can have his/her own point of view.
And you won't until you watch it yourselves. I really would like to see some comments here from people that have watched these 3 seasons to see what they are thinking about...
Anyway, in the following videos you can see two very short trailers for seasons 2 and 3.
Sorry, but I couldn't find any better ones...

 

 
                                     

                                         
  

3 comments:

  1. I also finished watching this series the other day and I can only say that I agree with you. Season 2 is the best, especially the episodes Advanced D&D and the final 2 with the paintball. Season 3 was indeed a little boring. I also think that they went too far with Chang. However they did not too far with the dean and his amazing outfits :) Top episodes of season 3 are Pillows & Blankets and Basic Lupine Urology (Law & Order sort of parody)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was thinking the other day why is Chang still there?
    I mean what is the purpose?
    It is one of the characters that really bothers me.
    As for the Dean... One of the best characters in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second Season was by far the best because it had the best episodes :) ADD episode both cracked me up and it also kind of made me yearn for the times we used to play the darn game :) And the paintball episodes also rocked big time :))

    As for Season 3 I agree with Filaraki, it did come with a few good episodes but I think they make Chang more ridiculous with each new Season. I liked Chang in the first season, he wasnt an idiot or a complete loser or even completely insane he was just very very mean. And they should have stick with that characterization somehow. Playing with his character with each season makes him less and less essential in the plot but rather as if they keep him there just so they have got room to wiggle out of a difficult scenario.

    ReplyDelete