Monday, October 29, 2012

Tribute to 'The Lords of the Rings' Radio show. The update...

Hello all!
Last night as you maybe know we tried on our Radio show to make a tribute to the bands that were inspired from the books of J.R.R Tolkien.
And here is the update of this show...
Speaking for myself only, the taste I got from this radio show was bitter.
Because although we were trying for 3 whole days to present something that would be perfect, finally they were very few people to appreciate it. I was expecting many friends to join us, and  altogether have a great radio show, but they didnt show up. An ammount of about 15-20% of them only logged in finally.
That put our morale really very much down. Because when you prepare a radio show, and especially when you are doing such big efforts, you are waiting at least from your friends to support you.
To be there for you. Well, in that case we were wrong obviously...
And except of that, 10 minutes before our broadcast start, my pc monitor freaked out, and started opening and closing by itself every 5 - 10 seconds.
Now imagine trying to read from the scripts the info you have, trying to put the background music right, trying to prepare the songs, and reading and writting messages on the chatbox, and all these with a monior that opens and closes all the time! Not the easiest thing eh?
But further than these problems, the main program was very good I believe.
We created some great atmosphere in some parts, and we played many songs from bands that we usualy don't play on our shows, like Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Led Zeppelin, etc...
I hope at least that the people who were listening had some nice time...
I want to thank all of you who showed up, listen to our show, and helped us overcome all the difficulties we were facing...
Thank you folks! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well I for one enjoyed it, and those that missed it, missed it....

    Your hard work on the show was evident and appreciated by those that heard it :))

    Keep up the good work Gfreedom Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the bottom line I guess.
    You can't force anyone. Those who were interested joined us, and I know they had a good time.
    I'm sorry that many people missed it, but there is nothing I can do about it I'm affraid.

    ReplyDelete