Saturday, July 14, 2012

GFreedom's Juke Box #8

Hello again!
Once more it is time for my Top-5 songs for this last week. :)
I want to say something here first. A couple of times I receive emails saying that this Top-5 lists are not in the way they should be. Means that (especially my lists) are very mixed up! Many different kinds of music alltogether.
Well, here is the answer to this: As a person I listen many different kinds of music, depending on my mood, on daily events etc. Every week I listen to a lot of music in general, and many different styles. Maybe one day I'm in the mood for some good old Heavy Metal for example (like this week), some other day I want to listen to Prog-Rock, or Blues etc. So, every time I listen to a song I believe it is far better than the rest, I write it down in a paper. At the end of the week, I look at my list, and usualy I choose the best 5 songs in my opinion, regardles of music style.
So that's why my lists are so mixed up usualy, and to be honest I don't see any harm in that.
Otherwise I had to make my Top-5 Rock list, my Top-5 Rrog list, my Top-5 Heavy Metal list, and so on...
But why? The point is to make something that is fun, and easy. Now, If any of you is in the mood to make lists for different styles, please feel free to do it.
   And after this long prologue, I think I should put down my list for this week eh? :)
So, here it goes:

   BLUE OYSTER CULT: Nosferatu (Spectres - 1977)
   ROY BUCHANAN: The Messiah Will Come Again (Roy Buchanan - 1972)
   SCORPIONS: The Sails of Charon (Taken by force - 1977)
   CANDLEMASS: Samarithan (Nightfall - 1987)
   THE SISTERS OF MERCY: Alice (Alice 12-inch EP - 1983)

And now it's your turn... :)

6 comments:

  1. hello
    this week my playlist gonna be a little lame :) so i have to make a prologue first.
    at the start of the week i was youtubing while playing n i clicked a band i have never heard of before. When i heard the 1st song i was in shock the same was after the 2nd the 3rd the 4th n the 5th song . so for the rest of the week for 6 days including today i was listening 5 songs from morning to night on repeat :P
    Since the playlist is what songs i hear during the week that means todays will have 3 songs of them ( I was thinking to put all 5 but i keep my lamest playlist for another time :p)
    so here it is
    1) Men of clay - Triddana
    2) Spoke the firefly - Triddana
    3) The dead end verse - Triddana
    4) 10.000 days - Tool
    5) John Barleycorn must die - Traffic

    Triddana is a new band from Argentina!!!!!!!!!! n they dont have any release yet which i pray they will do soon.With few words their music is when the clans met Ronnie James Dio in a metal party :)
    Hold your kilts hi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe Isn't it great when you discover a new band out of nowhere?
    My idea about this Top-5 list was also about that. To see what other people are listening to, and learn new bands, new songs etc...
    I haven't heard about this band so far, but be sure that I'm gonna take a look on YouTube as well... ;)
    Actually I'm gonna do it right now! :P :)
    Thanks for informing us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, they are really really good!
    These guys are Highlanders from Argentina!
    No idea that they were Highlands in Argentina! :P
    Check also the singers old band named Skiltron.
    (I'm sure you did it already!) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i was listening to skiltron when i found about triddana :)
      skiltron are nice too but triddana are much much better for my ears

      Delete
  4. Sorry guys but no top-5 this week. I did not listen to music almost at all so there is nothing to write. I'll be back next week I hope:)
    Now listening to Triddana. Cheers nighteys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for that your playlists gfreedom are mixed up i have to say that many times mine are too , thats the price we have to pay for listening to many kinds of music :) n thats what music is all about dont need to put labels , i listen to anything is good to my ears even if its disco from the 80s or if its extreme death metal :P and dont forget that in 1 week our moods change n we listen to many different songs n genres,
    I was the one that said that 5 songs are too limited but maybe you are right n we have to try choose the best 5 from all kinds :)

    ReplyDelete