Saturday, June 30, 2012

GFreedom's Juke Box #6

Hello hello! :)
 Another week passed and now it is time to post my Top-5 songs.
Truth is that this last week I didn't listen so much music like other times. Also I was in a very light and summer mood, because of the small trip maybe... In any case this time the songs I chose are a bit different in style than the previous weeks. You will understand maybe when you will see my list. ;)
Here we go:

DAVID BYRNE: Independence Day (Rei Momo) (1989)
DONOVAN: Colours (Fairytale) (1965)
SANTANA: Evil Ways (Santana) (1969)
MORCHEEBA: The Sea (Big Calm) (1998)
SANDY DENNY & THE STRAWBS: Sail away to the Sea
(Sandy Denny & The Strawbs) (Recorded 1967, Released 1991)

7 comments:

  1. so its time for mine and cause I am in a slaughtering mood due to LOTRO lets start

    1) HEIDEVOLK - Nehalennia
    2) BATHORY - One road to Asa bay
    3) RIOT - Black leather and glittering steel
    4) MENHIR - Hildebrandslied
    5) SARACEN - Heroes saints and fools

    too lazy to check albums n years sorry I have to hkill some trolls :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No particular mood here :)

    AMORPHIS : Weeper on the Shore (Elegy) 1996
    CELTIC LEGACY : Resurrection (Resurrection) 2003
    THERION : Clavicula Nox (Vovin) 1998
    SAXON : Broken Heroes (Innocence is no Excuse) 1985
    STRIKER : Full Speed or no Speed (Eyes in the Night) 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. :)
    From nighteyes's top 5 I recognize only Riot & Bathory.
    From Filaraki's Top-5 only Saxon and Therion.
    I think I might learn a few things here... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saracen is NWOBHM so there is a chance you may like them. Menhir and Heidevolk are pagan metal. Listen for the experience. Note that Heidevolk's song Vulgaris Magistralis is one of Kostis' favourites:)

    From the bands I posted Amorphis is very well known but I don't think you'll like them because of the brutal vocals. Their music however is not typical. Celtic Legacy and Striker are not known bands and are of power metal (sort of)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vulgaris magistralis original is by another Dutch rock band of the 80s Normaal its kinda western like version , Heidevolk made it a bit more epic :)
      I was brainwashing Kostis with vulgaris magistralis n i succeeded it :)

      Delete
    2. and one more thing :) Celtic Legacy has an amazing song written n dedicated to Phil Lynnot , Glen Corr look for it gfreedom you will like it :)

      Delete
    3. Ok I will look for it, thanks a lot! :)

      Delete