Saturday, June 9, 2012

1 year away from my country...

Hello to all of you!
   Last night I realised that exactly 1 year ago on the 9th of June 2011 I was leaving Greece and came to live in Didim in Turkey. One day before we left the home we were living, gave the keys to the house owner, looked around the empty house, took 3-4 pictures and left...
 And as today 1 year ago we passed from the island of Kos to Bodrum, and our life in Turkey had just begun...
   Well, I have to say that this year passed very quick. With good and bad moments, with happy and sorrowful incidents, and here I am now thinking and writting about this year that passed.
To be honest, when I left Athens last year I could never imagine the situation that Greece is at right now. I was thinking that maybe the things will become a little worse, but I could never imagine that the situation will be SO bad!
   So finally I think I made the right choice by taking this decision. I really wish that things were even a little better, but unfortunately they are not. The only hope I have is that from a point and on the things will get better, and the people will stop suffering.
Anyway, I don't want to make this post any longer. (There is no reason actually).
   Closing this, I want to say that I'm hoping from the bottom of my heart that everything will slowly slowly return to the previous state we were used to. Next Sunday there are the elections in Greece.
 Let's wait and see...
Thank you... :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember the time leading up to your move and chatting with you about all that lies ahead, and what you would be leaving behind. Thoughts and prayers are with all my Greek friends at this time. There is no easy solution to these problems, but also "there is no such thing as failure, only varying degrees of success" {R Sayle} :))

    ReplyDelete